- This is for the smart shopper who is building or having a new home built. For one price, an additional $50 added to the regular home inspection cost, we will inspect the home in 3 phases (All of the following elements of the new construction inspections can be purchased at one time or as separate components to coincide with the construction timeline):
1) Pre-drywall or dried-in inspection: this is an inspection performed prior to the dry wall being installed. It gives the inspector a good view of framing, plumbing, air conditioning systems, and electrical.
2) Move-in inspection: this home inspection is performed when construction is finished and ready for occupancy, but prior to the final walk through by the builder. You get critical information about your new home prior to closing and it gives the builder time to make any necessary corrections before the purchase is finalized.
3) One-year anniversary inspection: this home inspection is performed approximately 30 days before the expiration of the builder’s one-year new home warranty. This inspection addresses any warranty-related concerns that you may want to bring to the builder’s attention, and allows time for any necessary repairs before the warranty expires.
With new construction inspections, you’ll know if your new home was constructed with quality in mind, for your peace of mind.
Home Maintenance Evaluation: A thorough visual evaluation of the home of more than 300 items, from the foundation to the roof and all the major systems of the house including the electrical, plumbing, and heating/air conditioning systems. The evaluation takes approximately 2 hours depending on the size of the home.
• Basement or crawl space
• Interior and exterior walls
• Water heater
• Heating and air conditioning systems
• Electrical system
• Plumbing system and fixtures
• Porches and decks
• Fireplace and exterior chimney