We at Hands-On Home Inspection are Arizona and ASHI (American Society of Home Inspector) Certified home inspection experts who specialize in residential (including multifamily), small commercial, and industrial (up to 25, 000 sq. ft.) inspections. Our home inspectors provide property inspections in Southern Arizona and the greater Tucson metro area: including Pima, Pinal, Cochise, and Santa Cruz counties. Having lived and worked in this area for over 39 years, we are quite familiar with issues unique to homes in our part of the state. Our owner, Marcus Richter, has over 36 years of military service (Viet Nam and Iraqi Freedom Veteran) and is experienced in residential home repair and building maintenance. His expertise includes plumbing and electrical wiring/analysis. Marc has a unique combination of experience in structural repair and maintenance— his wealth of knowledge is unprecedented!
Hands-On Home Inspection has a genuine interest in your safety and well-being. Our motto is “eye of the buyer”. Every home is inspected as though we are buying it. From top to bottom, we inspect the property for any existing or potential safety hazards that may exist, and report on them in a clear format. We also check for problems with the structural integrity of the property. We are “looking out for our customer’s best interest”.
We are committed to consumer education, we urge you to be present at the inspection, a valuable educational experience during which you can ask questions on the spot and have a better understanding of our report. 75% of what we do during the inspection is to inspect your home, the other 25% of the time is used to educate the home owner about the house. We offer maintenance tips, and share knowledge of the home that gives you control, confidence, and peace of mind about your decision and negotiations. Whether you are buying or selling, knowing the condition of the property guarantees a fair, smooth transaction, especially with today’s current high cost of real estate.
Our advice does not end with the inspection; you are welcome to call us anytime after the inspection—we’re available 7 days a week, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Hands-On Home Inspection will also conduct a re-inspection, for a discounted fee. We well understand that buying or marketing a property is one of the largest financial and emotional investments that you can make.
Our user-friendly reports are very detailed and thorough. You will receive a hard copy of the report and it is also available through our website, by using your client name and assigned password. Our computer-generated reports include extensive digital photography and problem areas are highlighted throughout, with key items distinguished by different colors. The report will tell you exactly what to expect in both interior and exterior maintenance before you buy or sell, to avoid unpleasant surprises.
We request 72 hours advance notice to schedule an inspection, but we try our best to accommodate emergency situations. If we are unable to get to you within 72 hours (856XX & 857XX zip codes), we gladly offer a discount of $50.